DC EcoWomen 6th Annual Spring Photo Contest
Enter to Win & Have Your Images Displayed by DC EcoWomen!
Spring is here! It’s time to throw those boots in the closet, grab your jacket, sunglasses and a camera and get outside to play! Do you have beautiful images you’d like to share with the DC EcoWomen community and the world? We’re kicking off our 6th annual photo contest and we’re hoping to hear from YOU!
Why You Should Enter
Send us images for your chance to win prizes and recognition within our member community and on the web. Prizes will include gift certificates for eco-friendly and local activities and products.
Contest Theme: The Four Pillars of DC EcoWomen
This year’s contest “theme” is simple: we’re looking for photos that remind us of the reasons why DC EcoWomen was founded. Our organization is dedicated to empowering women to become leaders in the environmental community and the world, and we want to see this in action through your photos! Photo submissions should touch on at least one of our four pillars, with more points awarded to photos that hit more of these categories:
- women’s issues
- local issues/Washington, DC
- professional development
How to Enter
Entering our photo contest is easy. Simply follow both steps below:
Fill out this google form with info about you and your photo (one form per photo)
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Photo Contest 2017 Submission” and attach your photo(s)
Additionally, please note:
- You may batch multiple photos into one email, but there must be one google form filled out per photo you submit.
- Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Photo Contest 2017 Questions” if you have any questions
- Act fast! Contest is open during the month of April and ends April 30th, 11:59pm EDT
Winners will be announced by May 9th and publicized in DC EcoWomen communications and social media throughout the spring and summer months. Finalists will be identified by members of the DC EcoWomen Executive Board based on quality, composition, and relevance to our four founding pillars (categories listed above). Winners will be notified by email.
- Overall Best: A gift certificate for Patagonia
- Second Place: A gift certificate for Hungry Harvest
- Third Place: A gift certificate for Chaia Tacos
- The top 5 photos will be released on DC EcoWomen’s Instagram and Pinterest on May 9th to be voted on by DC EcoWomen members through May 21st for a People’s Choice Award, which will be announced on May 23rd. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will receive a gift certificate for Kramerbooks and will see her photo spotlighted in an upcoming newsletter and social media communications.
*By entering the DC EcoWomen Photo Contest, you are agreeing to the Rules and Guidelines of DC EcoWomen.
The Fine Print: Rules and Guidelines
- To be eligible to enter, you must be a member of DC EcoWomen (free to join!) and be 18 years or older.
- Limit of five submissions per person, and only one photo per person can receive a prize.
- Each participant in the Photo Contest is responsible for ensuring that she has the right to submit.
- Submit large, high resolution images in color or black and white.**
- Only original photos taken by the person submitting are eligible; others will be disqualified.
- Only digital entries are eligible and must be submitted electronically. You may submit scans of slides or paper prints.
**Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified. Acceptable are adjustments to color, contrast, brightness and sharpness; removal of dust and scratches; cropping; black and white conversions; and use of HDR (high dynamic range imaging), where multiple exposures of the same scene are combined for a greater tonal range. Not acceptable are photo composites (combination of two or more photos, not of the same scene); the addition, duplication, deletion or moving of objects in the photos, or the use of artistic digital filters and effects. Examples of artistic filters and effects are watercolor, neon glow, posterizing, stained glass, and others which do not show the scene in its natural state.
Sharing, Rights, and Losses
By sharing your photograph with DC EcoWomen, you agree to the following:
- You give DC EcoWomen permission to display your photo(s) via PictoBrowser and/or Flickr’s API on the DC EcoWomen website, www.dc.ecowomen.org, and in all other DC EcoWomen online and print materials, including social media.
- If the photo(s) you share with this group is of someone other than you or something not on your or public property, you have obtained permission and/or have the ability and authority to submit such photo(s) for display on DC EcoWomen’s website as described above, and you agree that the images do not infringe on any third party’s rights.
- No payment will be made to you for DC EcoWomen’s display of the photos taken of or submitted by you.
- If your photo is selected as a finalist, you hereby grant DC EcoWomen permission to display the photograph you submit along with your name in promotions of the Photo Contest on the DC EcoWomen website, other publications, Facebook updates, Twitter content, and in member emails.
- By entering the Photo Contest, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DC EcoWomen, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right. The Photo Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- DC EcoWomen is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the photo competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the photo competition, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. DC EcoWomen assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. DC EcoWomen is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer on-line systems, software, or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information in the photo contest.
- If, for any reason, the photo competition is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, any reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of DC EcoWomen that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo competition, DC EcoWomen reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the photo competition.