Find a Job
Explore the resource links below for jobs in Washington, D.C. that will suit your commitment to pursuing advocacy, policy or communications in fields ranging from the environment to public health.
Remember an effective resume is your ticket to landing an interview! Review the Resume Workshop Presentation Jessica Lubetsky gave to members at a skills workshop, and a rich resource from Montgomery County Workforce Connection full of resume writing and interview tips, as well as job searching and career planning advice.
- Search for the latest in events and listings across all types of categories in the Washington Metropolitan area at DC Jobs and DC Gigs.
- District Department of the Environment lists resources and job opportunities in the D.C. area.
- Craigslist DC can also be a great resource depending on what type of job you’re looking for.
- Don’t forget to check our local papers for jobs listings as well. The Washington Post has a jobs section where users can upload resumes and create profiles. Find internships for any level of experience.
- Check out EcoEmploy, Grist, and the Green Spider network for listings of eco-minded jobs across the country.
- Green Jobs Ready is an online informative portal offering the latest news views and resources on breakthrough green jobs training programs in the Renewable Energy world.
- The USGBC-NCR is an electronic recruitment resource where employers and recruiters can access the most qualified talent pool with relevant work experience to fulfill staffing needs.
- The Nonprofit Technology Network jobs list has numerous postings for those interested in exploring the field.
Environmental Science & Policy
- Check out the Environmental Career Center to search and post your resume for positions across the country in the environmental field.
- The Pew Charitable Trusts has jobs ranging from environmental health to marine science.
Marine Science & Policy
- Join the D.C. Marine Community Listserv hosted through IUCN to stay abreast of weekly job lists, events, news, and webinar announcements for ocean aficionados living in D.C.
- Oceana, the Ocean Conservancy, and the Consortium for Ocean Leadership are nonprofits with headquarters in the D.C. area. Check out their websites for career opportunities, jobs, internships, and events.
Resources for Women
- Emily’s List serves as a website and jobs list promoting electing pro-choice democratic women to office.
- The Women’s Information Network is a great resource for general professional development and community events.
- The Women’s Aquatic Network is a group of working professionals who gather to network and learn more about professional development in marine conservation and advocacy. Join their listserv to receive emails about events, workshops, and speed-dating opportunities.
- The Progressive Exchange and Rachel’s Network are both organizations focused on empowering women in the political and environmental arenas.
Politics & Communications
- Politics Jobs google group listing jobs in the political arena in Washington.
- Progressive Communicators functions as a message board for those working in or looking to learn more about public relations in DC.
- Check out this jobs mailing list for progressive campaigns and organizations in the areas of online organizing, communications, and technology.
- The DC Public Affairs and Communications jobs blog and message board offer a great selection.
- Sign up to receive Job of the Week postings in the communications field.
- Search the Political Wire for jobs in politics across the country.Set up a profile on Politico and post resumes and search for positions.
- Check out the Social Venture Network and Just Means if you’re a mover and a shaker looking for jobs that have an impact.
Nonprofit Organizations & Foundations
- Idealist.org is a website that is grown in popularity over the last several years among those looking for jobs and opportunities spanning the environmental, public health, and social justice fields.
- Create a profile on the Nonprofit Job Seeker or the Nonprofit Oyster and find the job openings that match your qualifications.
- The Philanthropist News Digest and MacArthur Foundation are great resources for finding jobs centered around foundation and grant-giving.
- Check out Ashoka Innovators for jobs and resources in social entrepreneurial endeavors around the world.
- Check out USA Jobs for a list of current openings within federal agencies such as Fish and Wildlife Service, NOAA, Department of Agriculture, and much more!
Executive Management Recruitment
See below for a listing of executive management recruitment companies and firms.