DC EcoWomen Annual Photo Contest
Summer’s finally here! It’s time to throw those boots in the closet, grab your flip flops, sunglasses and a camera and get outside to play! Do you have beautiful images you’d like to share with the EcoWomen community and the world? We’re kicking off our 2nd annual photo contest and we’re hoping to hear from YOU!
Why You Should Enter
Send us images for your chance to win prizes and recognition within our member community and on the web. Prizes will include certificates for eco-friendly activities and products that support local businesses.
- Women in the Eco-Workplace We want to see your photos of women eco-professionals, changing the world at work in whatever “workplace” means to you, from your office, to the Hill, to your stand at the farmer’s market or classroom.
- DC’s Natural Urbanity: We’re lucky that our city is so full and so close to nature! Showcase your favorite city/nature hotspots! Tell us in the description how they help you refresh your urban self.
- Sustainable Living: Gardening in your backyard? Using a solar charger for your iphone? Vermicomposting? Show us how you and your friends are keeping your practices real and green.
Enter to Win*
Entering our photo contest is free and easy. Simply follow these steps below and email firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “photo contest” with any questions.
- Become a member of our DC EcoWomen Photo Group. (Don’t have a Flickr account yet? Create one account here.)
- Upload your photos to the DC EcoWomen Photo Group and tag with “Contest2013: *Theme*” specifying the theme under which you would like to be considered in the message. Please submit photos only once.
- Ensure that your photos are shared with the group to allow for member voting.
- Act Fast! Contest is only open between June 8th and July 9thth, 11:59pm EST.
- Follow all instructions under the Rules and Guidelines.
Winners will be announced by July 30th and publicized in EcoWomen communications and social media throughout late summer and into the fall months. Finalists will be identified by members of the DC EcoWomen Executive Board based on quality, composition, and relevance to the theme. Final voting will be opened up to members of the DC EcoWomen community. Winners will be notified by email by the above date. Make sure your email is accessible in your photo data.
Prizes will be awarded for the winners of the three Themes and an overall Grand Prize. All prizes are donated by local eco-friendly community organizations.